Shop More Submit  Join Login
:iconleonidafremov:
Leonidafremov Featured By Owner Sep 10, 2011  Professional Traditional Artist
Hi ,
I’m a relatively successful artist Leonid Afremov. I would like to tell you about a customer that tried to scam me yesterday. The transaction was made on my site www.afremov.com. Such scam and fraud is very common for online transactions. I would refer to him as JM in order to protect client’s confidentiality. JM tried to steal my painting. He purchased a recreation of the painting Alley by The lake for $164 including shipping and stretching under one of my specials. He pressured me to ship the painting very fast by sending emails since day 1 threatening with cancelation. When you purchase a recreation, it’s something I have to paint. Customer satisfaction is very important to me, I take every transaction seriously so I put aside all my work and painted a recreation of Alley by The Lake for JM. I even sent him a free painting in addition because I felt it was taking too long. But oil paint does not dry fast. In the good case, it takes 5 days to dry.
After JM finally received the painting he started writing threatening emails. He was accusing me of being scam and fraud. He said that the painting looked horrible like a child painted it. He said that If Leonid Afremov created this painting than he painted it with his left hand while painting something else with the right hand at the same time. JM of course demanded his money back. I have no Scam and Fraud in my business and I feel very insulted when people call me a scam. I provided JM with a refund seconds after this emails and sent him a shipping label with my UPS account to return the paintings to me. Then he responded that he does not want to return the painting and will pay me $30 for it. I demanded the return of the painting but he never replied and agreed to send it back although I will be paying for the shipment.

JM accused me of being scam and fraud but he is a scam and fraud himself. From the day he purchased the painting his intent was to pressure me with time frames, accuse me of scam, get his money back and keep the painting as a compensation for the fictional scam committed against him. I don’t know now if he intends to send the painting back, I really hope he does because of I invested my soul into this painting. If he does not return the painting then JM is a thief and a scam. If it was more expensive transaction, it would have been worth it reporting this scam to the authorities.
Please let me know your opinion on this matter

Best Regards,
Leonid Afremov
(22 Replies)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconrenaisangel:
RenaisAngel Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2014  Student General Artist
You should report him, he should not be able to get away wit that
I'm sorry that had to happen
Take ArtByEldridge's advice!
:iconsherrilong:
sherrilong Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2014
I bought one of your paintings for my daughter.  It was worth the wait.  He stole your paintings!!  That should be reported!! 
:iconxsilverdawnwarriorx:
XsilverdawnwarriorX Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, that is sad to know there are people like that out there and have the time to scam others out of their hard earned talent, work, and time. Their fast money earned is fast money lost for them. There are more good people than bad people in this world though :D

Keep sharing your beautiful artwork. They are beautiful and are greatly enjoyed. 
:iconartbyeldridge:
ArtByEldridge Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2013  Professional General Artist
This may be of assistance: I have a policy = (( NOTE THE RETURN POLICY )) I hope you dont have to go through such an ordeal ever again, because thats just horrible.

PRODUCT POLICY

PAYMENT POLICY

• Paintings are shipped after receipt of payment. Custom paintings are begun upon receipt of payment.
  • Payments accepted: PayPal, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Checks. 
  • A RUSH on paintings is optional; however, will incur an up charge.
  • I LOVE NON PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS!

*If you are purchasing a painting to donate to a charitable organization: 

Message me the organizations name, address and contact info. I will provide free shipping and cover half of the paintings cost- provided you agree to supply me with a photograph of the art hung in the facility with yourself and an organizations member with in 4 business days of painting delivery.

SHIPPING POLICY

• Acrylic paintings need time to curate once finished. For custom orders please be patient in waiting to receive your art as I ensure the highest standard of fine art quality. 
  • All paintings are packaged with greatest of care, fully protected using special wrapping, sturdy packing  and spacial made custom boxes. 
  • Upon shipping I will provide you the tracking number of the package. We use this to follow the delivery process and receive estimated date of arrival. 
  • A personalized gift message can be added free of charge if requested.

PURCHASE POLICY

• Custom colors are accepted. Simply email me with an attached picture of the color or colors you desire.

*Due to the variation of screen resolutions and the customized blending of paints to duplicate your custom color, an exact match can not be guaranteed.

• SIGNING: Art is beauty transporting the viewer. My initials and date will be in a lower front corner as to not intrude upon the viewer's appreciation of the art . Signature, date, and piece title on the canvas back.
  • As my orders are primarily custom, I post sold custom paintings for you; the buyers, reference. 
  • When a piece catches your fancy, you can request a similar painting in your own COLOR choice, SIZE choice,  or request a piece as close to the one you choose. 
  • 100% hand-painted by Eldridge. I only create paintings, I do not make prints of my art.

*This insures the value, preserves the passion in each piece, and cherishes that no two pieces will be identical -    YOUR ART WILL BE A ONE OF A KIND.

• Included with each piece a Certificate of Authenticity, dated and signed by myself.

REFUND POLICY

• Satisfaction is guaranteed. Full refund. Refund provided only when the paintings shipping tracking number is provided me with in 3 business days of your receiving date.

*Full refund means the full price of the work. The customer will be responsible for paying for the shipping which must a include tracking number be provided to me.

:iconsallyronchetti:
SallyRonchetti Featured By Owner Oct 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My paintings and drawings are like my children, I really hate to part with them, this must have been awful for you.  We artists are sensitive souls and if someone is unhappy with your work then it must really affect you.  This person is dispicable in his actions,  you are too kind by not naming him.  Name and shame I say,...  I love your work it is so bright and cheerful I am so sorry this has happened to you.
best wishes
Sally
:iconkmkk52000:
kmkk52000 Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2013
I purchased a painting in the past 2 months from Leonid.  When I received the painting it was absolutely beautiful.  I purchased for my wife, and she couldn't have been more pleased.  I currently own 4 of his originals, and I have just completed an order for another 36 x 48.  I am excited to see it, as it is a surprise for my wife.

Thank you for your beautiful art!!!!
:iconluciabarea:
LuciaBarea Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2013
<font><font>Estimado Leonida,</font></font>
<font><font>Primero quiero del felicitarle Por La belleza de Sus Obras. </font><font>Se vé USTED INMEDIATAMENTE Que Pone Su alma en Cada trazo, con color de Cada. </font><font>Admiro do arte. </font><font>Me emociona Profundamente la Luz Que irradian suspensión Obras.</font></font>
<font><font>Siempre Habra Gente aprovechada y egoista en El Mundo. </font><font>¿Quiza Para Qué valoremos a las buenas personajes de Nuestro Alrededor?. </font></font>
<font><font>No debemos Dejar impunes a Personas ESTAS deshonestas. </font><font>Por favor, denuncie a las Autoridades Que correspondan. </font><font>Haga valer hacer Derecho, Su Dignidad.</font></font>
<font><font>Lamento Este incidente Que ha ocurrido.</font></font>
<font><font>Me despido con gran Agradecimiento Por La Belleza Que USTED Comparte. </font><font>un abrazo desde las islas Canarias.</font></font>

:iconmyheadwonders:
MyHeadWonders Featured By Owner Jun 8, 2013  Hobbyist Interface Designer
This is horrible!
:iconledgertakahashix:
LedgerTakahashiX Featured By Owner May 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I think...you should tell the authorities if he doesn't return the paintings...
:icontjames09:
Tjames09 Featured By Owner Apr 24, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
wow i just read this im so sorry this happened :(
Add a Comment: